Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Gluten free, Dairy free Gingerbread

Last year I came across this recipe for Gingerbread Trees in the Australian Healthy Food Guide (December 2013 edition). I made several batches last Christmas and it was a huge hit, even with the kids and adults that didn’t have to be gluten or dairy free. I have fond memories of my nephew grabbing a couple of biscuits every time he walked past the container – he was most disappointed when they were all gone! So I made him some more lol

Today my girl had a class party and she requested the gingerbread. I managed to whip it up yesterday afternoon and used some of the cute cookie cutters I picked up with the latest Taste.com magazine (I may or may not have succumbed to buying the magazine purely because of the cookie cutters – I could have a slight addiction to cooking magazines…)

Of course, any slightly broken or misshapen cookies needed to be ‘taste-tested’ with ice cream last night. Hopefully my girl’s class mates will like them as much as she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment