Monday, January 19, 2015

Turn leftover steak into a delicious dinner

We had some leftover steak from dinner last night and seeing as it’s just The Husband and I at the moment, I wanted to do something a little bit different.

We’d been discussing the Paleo concept today, so I wanted to turn it into something inspired by that train of thought. We aren’t, and will never be on a strict Paleo lifestyle (too many intolerances as it is without restricting more food), but as we are gluten and lactose free (coeliac and diagnosed lactose intolerance), we’ve found we naturally lean towards whole foods without these things which is basically Paleo anyway :)

This was really easy to whip up and I did it all in fairly short time.

Slice up the piece of steak very thinly and stir in this marinade:
1 tbsp tamari, 1 tspn sesame oil, about 1 tspn crushed ginger (to taste)
Put aside while prepping everything else.

I just used vegies that I had in the fridge – carrots, snow peas, broccolini (I use the stems as well), capsicum and pak choy. All cut thinly except the pak choy which I just threw in whole and broke up a little.

Heat a non stick wok and heat the meat through (mine was already cooked, so just needed heating, if starting from raw, obviously cook to your liking). Put aside in a bowl and cover with foil.

In the same wok, stir fry the vegies.

Portion the veggies out into bowls and cover with foil while you cook the eggs.

Put a small frying pan over the heat, use a little bit of cooking spray. Cook eggs to your liking. You could poach them if you wanted, but I wanted fried tonight :)

Put it all together – veggies on bottom, steak on top and egg layered on that. All done.
Easy as, and delicious :) and it may just pass for Paleo as well, but don’t quote me on that lol

No comments:

Post a Comment